About the Project
Deconstruct (UK) Ltd successfully negotiated the substantial demolition and reconstruction of this development direct with Maple Springfield. The works included;
- Party wall support and demolition of existing single and double storey buildings.
- King Post Piling to support party wall temporary works with a combined solution of contiguous piling and underpinning to the perimeter of the site.
- Significant 3 levels of Basement Propping.
- 20 number 600mm diameter bearing and tension piles from existing courtyard level.
- 5000m3 of Reduce Level Excavation.
- Structural alteration packages.
- Builders works packages.
- Secondary steelwork packages.
- Substantial reinforced concrete (Caltite additive) package including capping beams, suspended slabs and liner walls below ground and a 3 storey RC Frame with roof upstands.
Deconstruct (UK) Ltd were challenged with developing an innovative temporary works solution to the existing structures around the perimeter of the site in order to allow this prestigious residential development to be constructed within a tight construction programme.
Project Challenges include:
- Restricted Access to the site (central Mayfair).
- 150t of Temporary Steelwork Support to Party Walls and Basement Propping installed in conjunction with progress the new build works.
- Waterproof Concrete Construction.
- Working around existing structures of varying conditions.
- Multiple party wall awards.
- Strict movement monitoring regime.
- Short deconstruct and reconstruction programme.