127-133 Charing Cross Rd
demolition, groundworks & RC core, structural steelwork, metal decking, and off-site fire protection
£ 5.7 million
127 Charing Cross Road is an office development in Soho, London WC2. The 1970s building now has planning consent for a mixed-use refurbishment that will add approximately 40% mass to the site.
The existing building comprises retail, leisure, and office space over five floors and also includes two evening entertainment venues with rare late licences.
- extensive temporary works
- removal of existing façade and demolition down to 4th floor level
- demolition of main core down to and including basement slab
- installation of new RC core to level 8
- installation of new steel frame to level 8
- installation of composite decking and concrete placement to level 8
- providing design and installation of the structural steel frame including steel-to-steel connections, precast stairs design, steel-to-concrete connections, and below-ground drainage.
- basement nightclub area (ground floor G-A-Y nightclub to remain operational throughout construction activities)
- working around live services
- carrying out demolition adjacent to live theatres.