De Construction Solutions
Piccadilly/Green Park, London
De Construction Solutions are looking to expand our team as we are currently supporting our clients with some technical challenging demolition and enabling works schemes. We are looking for candidates with Meng, MSc, BEng, or minimum equivalent qualifications in a Structural or Civil Engineering related degree. The role is office-based with frequent site visits and inspections within central London. We offer full support in your CPD and training to further your professional qualifications. We are part of the DE Group of companies, fostering close working arrangements and providing specialist engineering support to our sister companies. This provides broad experience and networking opportunities to enable the right candidate to provide a first-class service. Responsibilities — the successful applicant will provide engineering support to our clients working on technically challenging demolition and enabling works projects identifying and developing solutions with support from an experienced leadership team. We are looking for candidates who are able to: Technical understanding and application of engineering
- produce engineered solutions to construction problems at the tender and project stages;
- check and approve low-risk engineered solutions produced by Graduate Engineers/Engineers;
- represent DE-CS at meetings providing technical input;
- provide technical support to identify and provide technically sound solutions to DE Group companies and external clients.
- be considerate of the requirements for health and safety in your engineered solutions;
- ensure a designer’s risk assessment and decision logs have been completed and included as part of the design submission report;
- identify and raise safety issues to the site team during site visits;
- manage and deliver aspects of the project in accordance with group SHEQ process and procedures and ISO accreditations;
- knowledge of CDM applicable to your role and appreciation of others in the process.
- ensure the correct project administration and document management/record keeping is accurate and timely;
- identify and manage changes to the scope of your project;
- demonstrate awareness of statutory, contractual, and commercial issues in relation to own area of responsibility;
- take the appropriate level of responsibility for your work and that of others in your charge.
- be considerate of the requirements for sustainability and the environment in your engineered solutions;
- produce a positive impact with your designs considerate to waste, carbon, and resources.
- communicate clearly and concisely with our client site team;
- communicate ideas to technical and non-technical staff clearly;
- input into the improvement of client relationships and business development.